Posted on July 15, 2021 • 2 minutes • 230 words • Other languages: .
Hey! I’m Miguel, and I’m a PhD student in the department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Vanderbilt University. I’m also the President of the Graduate Student Body and the co-founder of Dores Divest, a campus sustainable investments campaign. I grew up sailing in Annapolis, Maryland, but am now pleased to call Nashville home.
I have a diverse work history in public service, and I’d like to continue to employ myself in the pursuit of a more equitable world. I’m especially interested in issues of climate justice and how we can make the most compelling cases to quickly decarbonize our society.
This site is an online portfolio of some of my works, please explore and enjoy!
Websites by Miguel:
Need a website like one of the above? Contact me to make an inquiry.
Miguel in the News 2021 - 2022:
- The Washington Post
- Student climate activists… file legal complaints to compel divestment
- Frustrated and anxious, climate advocates are turning to legal action…
- Vanderbilt University News
- Nashville suffered less than regional cities throughout Colonial Pipeline shutdown due to stronger waterborne petroleum access.
- The Waterways Journal
- Pipeline Shutdown Research Shows Importance Of Barging
- Vanderbilt Engineering News
- PhD student mentors undergrads on week-long STEMSEAS expedition
- Stanford Daily
- Climate Defense Project… file legal complaint against Stanford
- Vanderbilt Hustler
- ‘Of course’- Al Gore endorses Vanderbilt divesting from fossil fuels